Здравствуйте, гость ( Вход | Регистрация )

8 страниц V   1 2 3 > »   
Написать ответ в эту темуСоздать новую тему
> Nobody Understands Each Other,, Everybody’s welcome to try!
Rem61
сообщение Oct 19 2006, 12:28 PM
Сообщение #1

всем навстречу

Dear friend,

I believe -

Nobody ever understands each other;
This is a kind of playing associations,
But some important one…

Talking abt our thoughts and feelings
We might hope –
smbd’s associations will be close;

one, listening to us,
might hope –
his or her associations are close;

and all, women & men,
are pregnant with miracle of
friendship, love, or
of a piece of understanding
at least…

Why playing? – J’st take it easy!
Is it important? – Let’s start.

---

Do you agree / disagree?
A trace of your reflection would be highly appreciated…

---

Then departed Pau-Puk-Keewis,
Whistling, singing through the forest,
Whistling gaily to the squirrels,
Who from hollow boughs above him
Dropped their acorn-shells upon him,
Singing gaily to the wood birds,
Who from out the leafy darkness
Answered with a song as merry.

---

???

Rem61
сообщение Nov 20 2006, 01:18 PM
Сообщение #2

всем навстречу

Никто пока не заинтересовался ответить,
по-русски понимают все -
поднятая тема актуальна, потому как

чужая душа - потёмки (читай - мышление, эмоции и т.д.), то есть, никто никогда не понимает другого на 100%, только некоторые ассоциации, более или менее близкие,

но - парадокс, все сообщества людей когда-то придумали себе религии, в главном основывающиеся на тяге людей к единству = единообразию, несмотря на невозможность полного взаимопонимания;

А? smile.gif

p.s. ah, bylo b toljko s kem pogovoritj !? blink.gif

Lausanne
сообщение Dec 12 2006, 04:18 AM
Сообщение #3

Постоянный участник

Из: Lausanne, Switzerland

This is what happened yesterday between me - Lausanne - and my wife.

Lausanne: Oh, come on.
Wife: Leave me alone!
Lausanne: It won't take long.
Wife: I won't be able to sleep afterwards.
Lausanne: I can't sleep without it.
Wife: Why do you think of things like this in the middle of the night?
Lausanne: Because I'm Hot.
Wife: You get hot at the darnedest times.
Lausanne: If you love me I wouldn't have to beg you.
Wife: If you love me you'd be more considerate.
Lausanne: You don't love me anymore.
Wife: Yes I do, but let's forget it for tonight.
Lausanne: Please...come on

Wife: Alright, I'll do it.
Lausanne: What's the matter? Need a flashlight?
Wife: I can't find it.
Lausanne: Oh, for heaven's sake, feel for it!
Wife: There! Are you satisfied?
Lausanne: Oh, yes.
Wife: Is it up far enough?
Lausanne: Oh, that's good.

Wife: Now go to sleep and from now on when you want the window open, do it yourself.

Rem61
сообщение Dec 18 2006, 11:06 AM
Сообщение #4

всем навстречу

Dear Mr. Lausanne,

I’m so pleased such a gentle person has replied my chattering with such a nice a Christmas Story wz picture smile.gif .

The experience of your 90-year life is so valuable – I believe you know everything in this world under sun & moon, - but, it seems to me, a pretending of understanding pleases everybody smile.gif , -

Wives, when we ask them abt more of fresh air are the same for the whole life, despite younger or older – they expect we do it & much more for them ourselves smile.gif . But the tone of their voice when they should start replying “oh, dear, seems, I’ve got a headache” differs – doesn’t it? smile.gif

At any time, the sex between anybody, younger or older, is the most PERSONAL matter, and I MUSTN’T think anything special, looking at four HOT persons in the bed smile.gif ; nonetheless, it’s more pleasant view than looking at naked or even skinless Mrs. Tina Kandelaki smile.gif for two last weeks in i-net.

My younger cousin lives in Zurich; last summer an Encephalitis tick had bitten him – poor guy is not good since that; pls, take care when walking in your grove smile.gif ; pls, kindly ask your wife to observe your body thoroughly for no ticks; so do you with her tenderly smile.gif .

Our friends left Tashkent and resided in Russia, in a pretty area, but, after some finding out, with a trace of Chernobylj’s clouds, with no more hope to leave it again …

It’s not always good somewhere without us, is it … smile.gif

I sincerely plead the God to give my relatives & friends the forces enough for all 7 awful, but pleasant sins, and for living in concordance of soul & nature & heaven smile.gif .

Yours,

Rem61
сообщение Mar 26 2007, 07:59 PM
Сообщение #5

всем навстречу

Hi,

jуst to keep the topic in subscription list I'm here now smile.gif

nonetheless, I like it smile.gif and wonna go on soon wink.gif

oxus
сообщение Mar 27 2007, 06:22 AM
Сообщение #6

08.02.06 - 01.04.07

Dear Rem,

I have always wanted to tell you how I enjoy reading this topic. And it's mainly because of your postings. You have a way with the English language that no one else does! Your English usage does not resemble anything I've read before! I particularly like your translations of Russian idioms and proverbs. You're a very creative person!

I would like to encourage you to continue the topic and share with us your wisdom in English! Look forward to reading more of you.

Sincerely,

Sir Oxus

Сообщение отредактировал oxus - Mar 27 2007, 06:40 AM

Rem61
сообщение Mar 27 2007, 08:35 AM
Сообщение #7

всем навстречу

Цитата(oxus @ Mar 27 2007, 03:22 PM) *
Dear Rem,

I have always wanted to tell you how I enjoy reading this topic. And it's mainly because of your postings. You have a way with the English language that no one else does! Your English usage does not resemble anything I've read before! I particularly like your translations of Russian idioms and proverbs. You're a very creative person!

I would like to encourage you to continue the topic and share with us your wisdom in English! Look forward to reading more of you.

Sincerely,

Sir Oxus

Dear Sir Oxus,

I really enjoyed having received your respond smile.gif your smiling from under your kind words is so warm smile.gif

I do agree with you - any joke includes a piece of joke & any words of wisdom say abt smth smile.gif

With warmest neighbour's feelings,

Sir Rem

P.S. would appreciate your suggestion on the matter of topic also, though your opinion abt the originality of my translations is highly valuable here smile.gif

one, being not born inside of english, never counts on deep co-understanding with such bearers, do you? - are you always ok with Shakespeare? - is he ok with you? smile.gif

what abt sharing your favorite poem, a citation of your dissertation, etc., smth important for yourself, have you? smile.gif

I'd like to guess smth more abt you smile.gif

P.P.S. all ladies and gentlemen are welcome here smile.gif

oxus
сообщение Mar 28 2007, 09:05 AM
Сообщение #8

08.02.06 - 01.04.07

Dear Rem,

I do enjoy reading your postings. And you seemed to have asked why I like them. First of all, they are written in a very sincere way. I believe you are genuinely interested in the topic that you started. Then, as I mentioned earlier, you are very creative with the language. And finally, and most importantly, you DO enjoy communicating in English. In the nutshell, this is what makes your writing so compelling.

Now, the proverbs and idioms. You must be using them a lot in your mother tongue. Therefore, you do not hesitate to translate them into English which produces a very powerful, if somewhat unorthodox, effect. Here are some of them from your postings :

any joke includes a piece of joke

It’s not always good somewhere without us, is it

know everything in this world under sun & moon

There are some other expressions that caught my attention :

being not born inside of english,

your smiling from under your kind words is so warm

a pretending of understanding pleases everybody

And I greatly enjoyed this little manifesto that you produced to conclude one of your messages :

I sincerely plead the God to give my relatives & friends the forces enough for all 7 awful, but pleasant sins, and for living in concordance of soul & nature & heaven

As I said I find this English usage fascinating and I salute your carriage and wit. In fact, I think that you do to English what my friend Alish does to Russian. You both are very original thinkers, I must admit.

Shakespeare. I DO love his plays and sonnets. And I am not jуst paying lip service to this great man, I genuinely adore his works. My ex-girlfriend was a Shakespeare scholar and she made me appreciate the magic of Shakespearian immortal heritage.

The language of Shakespeare is not easy to comprehend. It contains lots of archaic words and phrases. In fact, the English speakers are at a disadvantage compared to all other admirers of the Great Englishman. Since his plays were translated into foreign languages quite recently, they are therefore written in a modern (foreign) language (Spanish, Finish, Urdu, etc). Some of his plays are translated into Russian by Pasternak, for example.
Nevertheless, listening to Shakespeare in English is a great delight even if you do not understand all the words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JD6gOrARk4

My favourite poems or citation ? I’ve got plenty of them. I particularly like Oscar Wilde’s aphorism. Here are some of them :

A cynic is one who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing
I can resist everything except temptation.
Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess.
There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, the other is getting it.

Hope I answered your questions. So, are you a fan of Henry Longfellow ?

Сообщение отредактировал oxus - Mar 28 2007, 09:12 AM

Rem61
сообщение Mar 28 2007, 10:33 AM
Сообщение #9

всем навстречу

Hi, Sir Oxus,

Frankly, you greatly pleased me with your letters after listening to silence for so long smile.gif

See you,

smile.gif

oxus
сообщение Mar 28 2007, 05:36 PM
Сообщение #10

08.02.06 - 01.04.07

All pleasure is mine, Rem

And it appears I am quite good at playing with words too. This is what I wrote to you yesterday :

I salute your carriage and wit

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

It is indeed your courage that I admire. biggrin.gif Take care! wink.gif

Мамонт
сообщение Apr 2 2007, 12:40 AM
Сообщение #11

Постоянный участник

I guess, this one fits perfectly to "nobody understands each other" smile.gif)

NO SPEAKAH DE ENGLISH

A bus stops and 2 Mexican men get on. They sit down and engage in an animated conversation seem to be English The lady sitting next to them ignores them at first, but her attention is galvanized when she hears one of them say the following:
"Emma come first. Den I come. Den two asses come together. I come once-a-more! ... Two asses, they come together again. I come again and pee twice. Then I come one lasta time."
The lady can't take this any more, "You foul-mouthed sex obsessed pig," she retorted indignantly. "In this country. we don't speak aloud in Public places about our sex lives.
"Hey, coola down lady," said the man. "Who talkin'abouta sex? I'm a justa tellin' my frienda how to spell 'Mississippi '."

$5.00 says you're gonna read this again!

kapustka2000
сообщение Apr 2 2007, 01:15 AM
Сообщение #12

да,скифы мы...!!!

Из: USA

Цитата(Мамонт @ Apr 2 2007, 12:40 AM) *
I guess, this one fits perfectly to "nobody understands each other" smile.gif)
NO SPEAKAH DE ENGLISH

A bus stops and 2 Mexican men get on. They sit down and engage in an animated conversation seem to be English The lady sitting next to them ignores them at first, but her attention is galvanized when she hears one of them say the following:
"Emma come first. Den I come. Den two asses come together. I come once-a-more! ... Two asses, they come together again. I come again and pee twice. Then I come one lasta time."
The lady can't take this any more, "You foul-mouthed sex obsessed pig," she retorted indignantly. "In this country. we don't speak aloud in Public places about our sex lives.
"Hey, coola down lady," said the man. "Who talkin'abouta sex? I'm a justa tellin' my frienda how to spell 'Mississippi '."

Well...I DID read it again.The text made by somebody not latin....But it`s funny! biggrin.gif

Rem61
сообщение Apr 2 2007, 10:39 AM
Сообщение #13

всем навстречу

Цитата(Мамонт @ Apr 2 2007, 09:40 AM) *

It's so funny! smile.gif

And I always read again the speaches of Jar-Jar Binks in Gungan's English smile.gif

lena_skorpiowka@...
сообщение Apr 2 2007, 01:57 PM
Сообщение #14

Постоянный участник

Из: Россия Москва

I am trying to learn English... правда не очень у меня получается sad.gif Help me...
I want to know English very much... Буду рада любым советам rolleyes.gif

Rem61
сообщение Apr 2 2007, 03:44 PM
Сообщение #15

всем навстречу

Цитата(oxus @ Mar 29 2007, 02:35 AM) *

I salute your carriage and wit

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Уважаемый Sir Oxus, smile.gif

Спасибо большое, что вы выделили в своей жизни время для написания писем мне, что не каждый хочет и может сделать, напрягая силы ума, души и сердечную мышцу, чтобы оказаться в унисон со своим корреспондентом, привнести в его жизнь что-то от щедрот Ваших…

В наше время (а может, так всегда было и будет) мы часто встречаем по жизни УЧИТЕЛЕЙ, которые для начала берутся указывать нам на наши ошибки, неточности, погрешности, … Ну не надо мне этого!!!... Научите меня чему-нибудь интересному, к чему Вы сами не равнодушны, радушно откройте мне кладезь Ваших знаний, сокровищницу Вашего мировоззрения, выс'оты и глуб'ины Ваших чувств, … Ну не надо мне ставить оценок!!!...

Вы – классный!!! smile.gif

Ваше первое письмо выглядело на 99% насмешкой, что подтверждает актуальность поднятой темы взаимонепонимания, - и дало мне шанс немного пошутить в ответ. smile.gif

Второе письмо всё поставило с головы на стопы. Но не только. smile.gif

Наверное, в жизни каждого человека могут происходить чудеса – как научение плавать, нырять, или исцеление от болезни, например. Вы сделали со мной такое чудо. smile.gif Вы что-то от меня хотите взамен / в ответ / в благодарность / … ?

Ваш,

P.S.
- it doesn’t seem to me I often use some smart proverbs & sentences in my habitual talking, but I appreciate ones, and, maybe, I’ve found an opportunity to say smth by them here smile.gif
- I do like Henry Longfellow’s poetry smile.gif ; the forests of his are so lightful …
- I believe, two things are important about letters – once start and once stop;

See you, smile.gif

Сообщение отредактировал Rem61 - Apr 2 2007, 03:51 PM

8 страниц V   1 2 3 > » 
Написать ответ в эту темуСоздать новую тему